5.30.2009

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

We had some friends over last night for an impromptu barbecue. I think pasta salad is a cook-out staple and I'm usually the one who brings it to our family's summer festivities. Unfortunately, due to lack of time and preparation - I didn't have the "usual" pasta salad ingredients that I use for my recipe so I got creative. :) This warm pasta salad was well-received and I'll probably be making it again.


Ingredients:

-1/2 box Rotini pasta
-1/2 cup of ranch dressing
-1/4 cup of bacon bits (fresh, cooked bacon bits would be best if you have time!)
-1 cup of shredded cheddar
-A handful of chopped chives (or green onions). I used freeze-dried chives because that's what I had.
-A generous sprinkle of Parmesan

Directions:

-Boil the Rotini according to package directions.
-Once drained, add the ranch dressing and stir
-Add the bacon bits, cheddar, and chives - stir
-Top with Parmesan and enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. This was definitely a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom would have loved this . The recipes, the music, the whole thing. I'm enjoying it too, but I just can't help everytime I look at one of your recipes, I think of my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be the other family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and delicious! My favorite kind of cooking!

    ReplyDelete